当前位置:首页 > 2013外研版英语八年级下册课文翻译
Module 3 Journey to space
Unit 1 Has it arrived yet ?
1 Listen and number the words as you hear them.
Lingling: I’m really interested in the space trip from the earth to Mars. It’s so exciting! Has the spaceship landed yet ?
玲玲:我真的对从地球到火星的太空旅行感兴趣。它是那么令人振奋!宇宙飞船已经登陆了吗?
Tony: I don’t know. Let’s listen to the news on the radio and find out. 托尼:我不知道。我们听一下新闻广播弄清情况吧。
News reporter: We’ve just had some news about the trip to Mars. The spaceship has reached Mars after a journey of eight months. It hasn’t sent back any messages yet, but scientists are waiting. As we know, there isn’t any life on the moon, but scientists hope to find life on Mars and other planets. 新闻记者:我们刚刚获知了一些有关火星之旅的新闻。八个月的旅程之后,宇宙飞船终于到达了火星。它还没有发送回任何信息,但是科学家正在等待。正如我们所知,在月球上没有任何生命。但是科学家希望在火星和其他星球上发现生命。
2 Listen again and complete the notes.
Lingling: I’m really interested in the space trip from the earth to Mars. It’s so exciting! Has the spaceship landed yet ?
玲玲:我真的对从地球到火星的太空旅行感兴趣。它是那么令人振奋!宇宙飞船已经登陆了吗?
Tony: I don’t know. Let’s listen to the news on the radio and find out. 托尼:我不知道。我们听一下新闻广播弄清情况吧。
News reporter: We’ve just had some news about the trip to Mars. The spaceship has reached Mars after a journey of eight months. It hasn’t sent back any messages yet, but scientists are waiting. As we know, there isn’t any life on the moon, but scientists hope to find life on Mars and other planets. 新闻记者:我们刚刚获知了一些有关火星之旅的新闻。八个月的旅程之后,宇宙飞船终于到达了火星。它还没有发送回任何信息,但是科学家正在等待。正如我们所知,在月球上没有任何生命。但是科学家希望在火星和其他星球上发现生命。
3 Listen and read.
Daming: Hi, Tony. What are you up to? 大明:嗨,托尼。在忙什么呢?
Tony: Hi, Daming. I’ve just made a model spaceship for our school project. 托尼:嗨,大明。我刚刚做完了我们学校项目要求的宇宙飞船模型
Daming: I haven’t started yet, because I’m not sure how to make it. Can you help me? 大明:我还没开始呢,真不知道该怎么做,你能帮我吗?
Tony: Sure, no problem. Have you heard the lasted news? Scientists have sent a spaceship to Mars. The journey has taken several months. 托尼:当然可以,没问题。你听说最新的消息了吗?科学家已向
火星发射了一个航天器,它在太空中已经行驶了好几个月了。
Daming: Has it arrived yet?
大明:他到达火星了吗?
Tony: Yes, it has arrived already. That’s why it’s on the news. 托尼:已经到了,所以新闻才报导嘛。
Daming: So have they discovered life on Mars? 大明:那他们在火星上发现生命了吗? Tony: No, they haven’t yet. 托尼:还没有。
Daming: Are there any astronauts in the spaceship? 大明:航天器上有宇航员吗? Tony: No, there aren’t. 托尼:没有。
Daming: Why? Astronauts have already been to the moon. 大明:为什么没有呢?宇航员都到过月球了。
Tony: Yes, but no one has been to Mars yet, because Mars is very far away, much farther than the moon. Lots of scientists are working hard in order to send astronauts to Mars one day.
托尼:是的,但是还没有人到过火星。火星离我们很远,比月球远多了。现在有好多科学家都在认真研究,希望有朝一日能将宇航员送往火星。
Daming: That’s interesting! How can I get information on space travel? 大明:有意思!我怎么才能找到有关太空旅行的信息呢? Tony: You can go online to search for the information. 托尼:你可以上网检索。
Daming: I will. Thank you, Tony!
大明:我会的,谢谢你,托尼!
Unit 2 We have not found life on any other planets yet.
Scientists think that there has been life on earth for hundreds of millions of years. 科学家认为地球上的生命已有亿万年的历史。
However, we have not found life on any other planets yet.
然而,我们却没有在其它任何星球上发现生命。
The earth is a planet and it goes around the sun. 地球是行星,围绕太阳运行。
Seven other planets also go around the sun. 围绕太阳运转的还有其他七颗行星。
None of them has an environment like that of the earth, so scientists do not think they will find life on them.
没有一颗行星拥有与地球一样的环境,所以科学家认为其他星星上都不可能存在生命。
The sun and its planets are called the solar system, and our solar system is a small part of a much larger group of stars and planets, called the Galaxy or the Milky Way.
太阳和围绕它旋转的行星组成太阳系,我们的太阳系是一个更大的星群里的一部分,这个星群叫银河系,
或者银河。
There are billions of stars in the Galaxy, and our sun is only one of them.
银河系里有无数颗恒星,我们的太阳只是其中一颗。
Scientists have also discovered many other galaxies in the universe. 科学家已经在宇宙中发现了很多其他星系。
They are very far away and their light has to travel for many years to reach us. 他们离我们很远,他们发出的光要在宇宙中经过很多年才抵达地球。 So how large is the universe? It is impossible to imagine.
那么,宇宙到底有多大?我们无从想像。
Scientists have sent spaceships to the plant of Mars to take photos. 科学家发射了航天器到火星上拍摄图片。
They even have sent spaceships to travel outside the solar system. 甚至发射航天器到太阳系以外进行探索。
However, no spaceship has travelled far enough to reach near other stars in our Galaxy. 然而,还没有任何航天器到达银河系里的其他恒星。
Scientists have always asked the question: With so many stars in the universe, are we alone, or is there life out there in space?
科学家们一直在问这些问题:宇宙中有这么多星球,只有地球上有生命吗?或者,宇宙中还有其他生命存在?
Have there been visitors to the earth from other planets? 是否有来自其他行星的人造访过地球? Why has no one communicated with us? 为什么没有任何人与我们联络过? We do not know the answers…yet.
目前我们还无从知晓这些问题的答案。
Unit 3 language in use
7 Listen and complete the notes.
Interviewer: Today’s programme is about space travel. I’m talking to an astronaut from CNSA. Hello, we’re interested to hear about your experiences in space. When did you join CNSA?
采访者:今天的节目是有关太空旅行的。我正在和一位来自中国国家航天局的宇航员交谈。你好,我们很有兴趣听一下你在太空的经历。你是什么时候加入中国国家航天局的? Astronaut: Six years ago. 宇航员:六年前。
Interviewer: And how many times have you flown in a spaceship? 采访者:你乘宇宙飞船飞行过几次?
Astronaut: Two times. 宇航员:两次。
Interviewer: How did you feel when you were in the spaceship? 采访者:在宇宙飞船上时,你感觉怎么样? Astronaut: I enjoyed it. It was very exciting. 宇航员:我非常喜欢。那非常令人兴奋。
Interviewer: Have you worked on the space station? 采访者:你在太空站工作过吗?
Astronaut: Yes, I have. I’ve already been there twice. 宇航员:是的,我工作过。我已经去那儿两次了。
Interviewer: Have you seen the earth from the space station? 采访者:你从太空站看过地球吗?
Astronaut: Yes, I have. It’s very blue, and very beautiful. 宇航员:是的,我看过。它很蓝,并且非常漂亮。
Interviewer: How wonderful! How did you feel when you saw it? 采访者:真好!看到它时你有什么感觉? Astronaut: I was so happy. I wanted to cry. 宇航员:我非常高兴,想哭。
Interviewer: I’m sure. Tell me, why did you decide to become an astronaut ? 采访者:我确定(你会)。告诉我,你为什么决定成为一名宇航员? Astronaut: I’ve always been interested in space. It’s so exciting! 宇航员:我总是对太空感兴趣。它是那么令人兴奋! Interviewer: Do you think there’s life on other planets? 采访者:你认为在其他星球上有生命吗?
Astronaut: Yes, I do. The universe is so big. There are so many galaxies, and so many solar systems. 宇航员:是的,我认为有。宇宙那么大。有那么多的星系和那么多的太阳系。 Interviewer: But we haven’t found anything yet. 采访者:但是我们还没有发现任何东西。
Astronaut: We’ve only just begun to look. Give us time! 宇航员:我们才刚刚开始寻找。给我们时间!
Interviewer: (laughing)Another hundred years maybe? Well, thank you for talking to us. It’s been great to talk to you. 采访者:(笑)也许再一百年?嗯,谢谢你和我们谈话。和你谈话真好。 Astronaut: Thank you. 宇航员:谢谢。
共分享92篇相关文档