当前位置:首页 > 剑桥雅思5听力原文加翻译
when someone gets a bicycle from us, they see a 14% increase in their income. 当有人从我们得到一辆自行车,他们看到他们的收入增加了14%。
We're currently looking to invest in computers so that our office staff can do an even 我们正在寻求投资于电脑,这样我们的办公室员工甚至可以做一个
better job. Because of our work, people in a number of countries now have a better 更好的工作。因为我们的工作,人们在许多国家现在有一个更好的
standard of living - so far we've provided 46,000 people with bikes. But we'd like to send 的生活水平——到目前为止,我们已经为46000人提供了自行车。但是我们想寄 more, at least 50,000 by the end of the year.
更多,至少有50000到今年年底。
Now there are many ways in which you can support the work. of Pedal Power, not just by 现在有很多方法可以支持这项工作。踏板的力量,而不是仅仅通过
taking a bike to a collection in your area. I should also like to say if you do have a bike to 骑自行车去收藏在你的区域。我也想说,如果你有一辆自行车
donate, it doesn't matter what condition it's in - if we can't repair it, we'll strip it down for 捐款,不管什么条件下,如果我们不能修复它,我们会带下来
spare parts. Of course, to do that we always need tools, which are expensive to buy, so 备件。当然,要做到这一点,我们总是需要工具,买哪是昂贵的,所以
we welcome any that you can give. Also, you could help by contacting the voluntary staff 我们欢迎任何你可以给。同样,你可以通过联系志愿人员
at our offices, they'll be able to suggest activities you could organise to bring in funds for 在我们的办公室,他们将能够建议活动你可以组织引进资金
us. People do all kinds of things - including, of course, s d bike rides. Also, we're always 我们。人们做各种各样的事情——包括,当然,s d骑自行车。同时,我们总是
interested to hear of other places that would benefit from receiving a consignment of 感兴趣的其他地方接收批将会从中受益
bikes, and welcome suggestions from people who've been to developing regions on their 自行车,欢迎建议从那些已经在自己的发展中地区
travels. We hope that by talking on radio programmes like this, we will be able to raise 旅行。我们希望通过在这样的广播节目,我们将能够提高
public awareness, which will lead to government organisations also giving us regular 公众意识,这也将导致政府组织给我们定期
financial support, something that we really need. 金融支持,我们真正需要的东西。
If you'd like some more information about where to donate an old bicycle or offer help in 如果你想要更多的信息关于捐赠旧自行车或提供帮助 other ways please contact us on ... 其他方面请联系我们?? SECTION 3 第三节
TUTOR: First of ail I'd just like to say, Cristina and Ibrahim, that I really enjoyed 苦恼的导师:首先我想说,克里斯蒂娜和易卜拉欣,我非常喜欢
watching your video about student life last week, and I could see that 对学生生活上周观看你的视频,我可以看到
the rest of the group did too. You did really well, and I hope that you 小组的其他成员也一样。你做的很好,我希望你
got a lot out of it. I'd like to use this tutorial as a feedback session, 得到了很多。我想使用本教程作为反馈会议,
where you reflect on the experience of doing the project. So Cristina, I
你反思的经验做这个项目。克里斯蒂娜,我
was wondering, what did you enjoy most about making the video? 想知道,你最喜欢的视频呢?
CRISTINA: I liked using the camera. TUTOR: Is it the first time you've operated one like that? 克里斯蒂娜:我喜欢使用相机。老师:这是你第一次操作一个呢? CRISTINA: Yes, it is.
克里斯蒂娜:是的,它是。
TUTOR: Well the results were very good! Anything else?
导师:结果很好!还有别的事吗?
CRISTINA: I also enjoyed visiting one of the British students we filmed. I'd never 克里斯蒂娜:我也喜欢拜访一个我们拍摄的英国学生。我从来没有 been inside a British home before.
是在一个英国家庭。
TUTOR: OK Cristina, thanks. What about you, Ibrahim? What did you enjoy? 老师:好了克里斯蒂娜,谢谢。易卜拉欣,你呢?你喜欢什么?
IBRAHIM: Well for me it was a very good chance to get to know students who 易卜拉欣:对我来说这是一个很好的机会了解学生
are on other courses, because everyone in our group is studying 在其他课程,因为每个人都在我们的小组学习吗
English, and we don't usually have much to do with the rest of the 英语,我们通常不与其他的 college.
大学。
TUTOR: Yes, good. Do you think you'll maintain the contact now? 老师:是的,很好。你现在认为你会保持联系吗?
IBRAHIM: I hope so. I've invited three of them to have dinner with me next week. 甘:我希望如此。我邀请他们三个下周和我一起吃饭。
TUTOR: Great! If you haven't decided what to make yet I can tell you they'll 老师:太棒了!如果你还没有决定做什么我可以告诉你他们会
love trying Arab dishes. And of course, it's good for your English too. 爱在阿拉伯菜。当然,这对你的英语有好处。
Cristina, what did you find? What was the most useful aspect of the 克里斯蒂娜,你发现了什么?最有用的方面是什么 project from the point of view of the English practice? 项目从实践的角度看英语吗?
CRISTINA: I think, when we were being shown how to edit the film, we had to 克里斯蒂娜:我认为,当我们被展示了如何编辑电影,我们不得不
follow the instructions. And that was very good practice for me. And I 遵循指示。这对我来说是很好的练习。和我
also learned sometechnical words that I hadn't heard before.
还学了sometechnical单词,我没有听说过。
TUTOR: What about you Ibrahim? What was the most useful for your English? 导师:你易卜拉欣?最适合你的英语是什么?
IBRAHIM: It was listening to the British students, because they don't speak as 易卜拉欣:听英国学生,因为他们不会说
slowly as most of the tutors on our course. I think they speak at natural 慢慢的大多数导师对我们的课程。我认为他们在自然发言
speed, so it forces me to get used to it. And they use a lot of slang. 速度,所以它迫使我要去适应它。他们使用了大量的俚语。 TUTOR: So you learned some new words which will be useful? 导师:你学了一些新单词将会有用吗? IBRAHIM: Yes.
易卜拉欣:是的。
TUTOR: Good. I'm glad it helped. Well, we've talked a little bit about enjoyment, 老师:很好。我很高兴它帮助。我们已经谈了一点享受,
and about language practice. Were there any other benefits? What else 和对语言实践。有其他好处吗?还有什么
did you feel you'd learnt from the project? Was it useful in other ways? 你觉得你会学会了从项目吗?它是有用的在其他方面吗?
CRISTINA: Yes, well firstly, I learned how to use a video camera. And also, I think I 克里斯蒂娜:是的,首先,我学会了如何使用摄像机。而且,我想我 really learned a lot about working together with other people. I've 真的学到了很多关于与他人一起工作。我
never done anything with a group before, and we had to find ways 以前从来没有做过任何与一组,我们必须找到方法 of cooperating, erm, and compromising, and
erm,合作和妥协
sometimes persuading people, when they don't agree with you. TUTOR: Yes, that is a very useful experience, I know.
有时说服人们,当他们不同意你的观点。老师:是的,这是一个非常有用的经验,我知道。 TUTOR: What about you, Ibrahim?
导师:你呢,易卜拉欣?
IBRAHIM: Well, I think I learnt a lot about how important editing is. When you're 易卜拉欣:嗯,我认为我学到了很多关于编辑是多么的重要。当你 filming you think that everything's going to be interesting, but in fact 拍摄你认为一切都是有趣的,但事实上
we cut around half of it in the end, and then it was much better. 我们减少大约一半的最后,然后它是更好的。
TUTOR: Good. Well, one last thing I'd like to ask. What mistakes do you think 老师:很好。好了,最后一件事我想问。你认为什么错误
you, as a group that is, made? I mean, to put it another way, if you had 你,作为一个群体,?我的意思是,换句话说,如果你有
to do it all over again, is there anything you'd do differently?
做一遍,你会做些什么不同?
CRISTINA: We didn't plan very well. For example, we didn't decide on dates when 克里斯蒂娜:我们没有计划很好。例如,我们没有确定日期
we'dcomplete each separate step of the project, and we should have 我们'dcomplete项目每一个单独的步骤,我们应该
agreed about that in the beginning, because we were always late with 同意在一开始,因为我们总是迟到 everything!
一切!
TUTOR: Right. Anything else?
老师:对。还有别的事吗?
CRISTINA: I think we should have tried to experiment more with the camera. I 克里斯蒂娜:我认为我们应该试着用相机尝试更多。我 mean with angles, and the focus and that kind of thing.
意味着与角度,专注和这样的事情。
TUTOR: So you should have been more ambitious? Do you agree, Ibrahim? 导师:你应该更雄心勃勃的?易卜拉欣,你同意吗?
IBRAHIM: Not really. In fact, I think we were too ambitious. We were 易卜拉欣:没有。事实上,我认为我们过于雄心勃勃。我们是
inexperienced, and we didn't have a lot of time, and we tried to do too 没有经验,我们没有很多时间,我们也想做 much, to make a lone film.
多,做一个孤独的电影。
Next time I would make a shorter one and try to get quality better.
下次我将使一个短并试图得到质量更好。
TUTOR: Well, that's very interesting. Next semester we will anther video project 老师:嗯,这是非常有趣的。下学期我们将花药视频项目
- with a different content, of course - but you'll have an opportunity to ——不同的内容,当然,但你会有机会的
put into practice what you've learnt this time. Do you have any ideas 付诸实践你学。你有什么好主意吗 about...
关于? SECTION 4 第四节
Tonight I'm going to talk to you about that remarkable continent Antarctica - remote, 今晚我要和你谈谈,非凡的南极洲大陆——遥远,
hostile and at present uninhabited on a permanent basis. For early explorers, it was the 敌意和目前无人居住的一个永久性的基础上。早期的探险家,这是
ultimate survival contest; for researchers like me, it remains a place of great intellectual 终极生存竞赛;像我这样的人员,它仍然是一个伟大的知识的地方
challenge; while for the modern tourist, it's simply a wilderness of great beauty. 挑战;而对于现代旅游,它只是一个美丽的荒野。
First, some facts and figures. Antarctica is a place of extremes - the highest, coldest and
共分享92篇相关文档